Travala.com Quarterly Business Update: Q3 2023
Bridging Crypto & Travel via Integrations
From the CEO’s Desk
As another quarter draws to a close, we’re continuing our pursuit of providing crypto consumers with the best possible travel booking experience by improving our core product offering, raising our profile via marketing and advertising, and expanding our network through partnership activities.
In Q3, we introduced two new significant deal-focused initiatives: mobile-only hotel deals and exclusive hotel discounts for travellers who book flights on Travala.com. These initiatives offer additional average savings of 12% and 16%, respectively, on top of our already competitive hotel rates, and are a testament to the ongoing commitment we have to providing our customers with outstanding value.
Expanding our audience effectively is paramount to growth, and our marketing team has been working on several strategies that have delivered outstanding results in terms of increasing brand awareness, engagement, and user growth. One of these key initiatives has been the continued implementation of the SEO strategy, which has seen the visibility of our webpages skyrocket on search engines, particularly in the last quarter.
As we head into the final quarter of the year, there’s much to look forward to. The integration of our hotel inventory into KAYAK is right around the corner, we’ll be undertaking a global advertising campaign with one of the most gorgeous destinations in the world, and the final travel drop of the year for Smart Diamond members will soon be announced.
Thank you for being part of the Travala.com family, you continue to make our journey to bridge the worlds of crypto and travel possible. We’re excited to bring you even more features, options, and remarkable travel experiences as we push ever forward.
Juan Otero, Chief Executive Officer
Bookings & Revenue Update
August’s results marked a record six consecutive months above $5 million, with sales remaining steady despite the ongoing crypto bear market. Total revenue for Q3 ($14.89 million) saw a slight decrease on the previous quarter ($15.82 million), which we’ll look to improve on following the launch of key integrations in Q4.
Q3 2023 Summary:
- July revenue: $5,336,503
- August revenue: $5,177,452
- September revenue: $4,383,488
- Total Q3 revenue: $14,897,443
- Revenue and bookings by vertical:
- Hotels: $8,799,920 (24,091 room nights; 59.07%)
- Flights: $6,009,628 (11,398 flights; 40.34%)
- Activities: $87,895 (362 activities; 0.59%)
- Total AVA givebacks: 438,222 AVA (approx. $228,710)
Matthew Stevens, Chief Financial Officer
Travel Tiger Club Update
Ambassador Bonus Marketing Tasks
The Ambassador Bonus Marketing Tasks for Smart Diamond members are live until 17 October 2023! To receive your Ambassador Bonus, simply complete the Essential Tasks. Compete for additional rewards by earning points for completing Extra Tasks.
Log in to Gleam using your Travala.com account email HERE.
The 7th Travel Tiger Club Drop will soon be announced! Keep your eyes peeled on our socials in the coming weeks.
Q3 was a very productive quarter for the team, with significant progress made on the integration of our hotel inventory into KAYAK’s metasearch engine, as well as other major in-platform integrations to offer our customers even better rates and an improved experience.
- Introduced mobile-only deals on mobile web and app. READ MORE
- Introduced exclusive hotel discounts for travellers who book flights. READ MORE
- Upgraded the platform wallet
- Launched new pages and modules to rank higher on search results
- Integration of additional hotels on Google Hotels
- Improvements to search suggestions, ranking algorithms, and sort/filter options
- Integration of hotel listings on KAYAK
- Improving the customisation features available for products
- Improvements to the payment user flow, particularly on mobile platforms
- Optimisation of offers and discounted prices
- Expanding the inventory supply
- Google Hotels integration expansion
- Integration of flight listings on KAYAK
Subhanshu Saxena, Chief Product Officer
Marketing & Community Update
This quarter, there has been a focus on increasing the quality of the content on the website, from developing helpful content in new modules launched on search pages to informative long-form blog content.
- Marketing of new mobile-only deals and exclusive hotel discounts for travellers who book flights on Travala.com
- Launched NEW monthly Upcoming Events email detailing upcoming crypto & travel events
- Launched NEW Content Hub on the blog for informational long-form travel articles
- Ongoing Travala Crew campaign for creators to earn Travel Credits for generating content. READ MORE
- Expanded ad strategy to cover more websites targeting high-value users
- Travel drop #7 for Smart Diamond members
- Global advertising campaign with destination partner in November
- Upcoming campaigns with major companies in the crypto and web3 space
- Partnership announcements with major industry players
- Brand refresh project, including redesigned website, logo and brand story
Sam Woollard, Chief Marketing Officer
From web3 to travel, we’ve been partnering with projects and companies that bring value to our existing users while expanding our reach to a new audience. We’ve also partnered with several top web3 events taking place in the month of October that are poised to be spectacular.
- Concierge clients can access enhanced benefits with Hilton Impresario when booking Hilton Luxury brands. READ MORE
- Magic Square partnership campaign with user sign-up offers
- Listed KLV Mainnet as a payment option, reducing transaction fees and time. Book travel with KLV
- Integrated into the Klever K5 Wallet, with Travala featured on their main screen
- We’re proud to be the Official Travel Partner of the following events:
- IBIZA NXT (4-6 Oct)
- WOW Dubai Summit event (8-9 Oct)
- BTC Amsterdam event (8-9 Oct)
- UNFOLD’23 (19-21 Oct)
- DeGameFi Conference 2023 (22-23 Oct)
- Strengthening ties with leading crypto projects
- Solidifying partnerships with established travel industry companies
- Partnering with premier global events to enhance Travala.com’s visibility
- New collaborations with token projects on the horizon to expand travel opportunities with diverse crypto options
Shane Sibley, Head of Business Development
Thank you for reading our Q3 2023 Quarterly Business Update. Stay updated on our channels to hear about the latest news, and be sure to tune in to our socials for the announcement of the next travel drop for Smart Diamond members!
Founded in 2017, Travala.com is the leading crypto-native travel booking service with 2,200,000+ properties in 230 countries, 400,000+ activities, and 600+ airlines globally. Travala.com is a champion of cryptocurrency adoption, accepting over 90 leading cryptocurrencies alongside traditional payment methods. In addition to unbeatable prices via its Best Price Guarantee, Smart members on Travala.com can also enjoy additional discounts and loyalty rewards for eligible bookings made on the platform. For more information about Travala.com, visit: www.travala.com.
Travel, Save & Collaborate
- Sign up for the Smart Program and save up to 13% more!
- Enjoy personalised, luxury travel with Concierge
- Earn up to 5.5% commission with our Affiliate Program
- Discuss partnership & advertising opportunities with us
Join the Community